Date of Last Update: 10th May 2021
The website is operated by Sencyr. Our website address is: https://www.sencyr.com. All rights to this website are owned and reserved by Sencyr.
Sencyr attaches great importance to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and safety of your Personal Data.
By accessing this website and/or disclosing your Personal Data you expressly consent to the processing of Personal Data relating to you in accordance with the conditions set out in this Privacy Statement.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679. In this regard Sencyr acts as the data controller, meaning that it determines the purposes and means of processing of Personal Data.
Information we collect
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources. We collect this information when you provide it at on our website, via our social media pages, when you download one of our mobile applications (either via Apple iOS or Android) onto your mobile device or at one of our events.
When you visit this site, our social media pages or use services or features of one of our mobile applications, we also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information you provide
You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you make a purchase on our site or in our stores, via our social media pages or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
• Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and mobile or other phone number)
• Age or date of birth
• Username and password, nickname/screen name
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
• Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
• Purchase history
• Product preferences
• Skincare routine
• Your skin type / skin condition
• Your hair type
• Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
• Contact information for friends, family or other people you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to receive messages from you or us)
• Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
• Information provided to us through social media networks or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
How we use the information
We will use the information you provide to:
• Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect
• Provide the products or services you (or your company) have requested and operate features on our site
• Process your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions
• Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
• Create a profile about you based on the information you provided to us in order to tailor our advertisements to your interests, find your appropriate skin or hair care routine and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
• Assist with product selection and replenishment
• Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
• Post your product reviews
• Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
• Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers
• Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages or mobile applications
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Legal basis for our use of the information
We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
• it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
• we have obtained your consent; or if
• we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Information we collect by automated means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications (if applicable), we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, your IP address, operating system, browser type and geographical location
• Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
• The following types of cookies are set on this site
Internal cookies essential for the site to work
We use first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third party web analytics cookies
Third party targeted advertising cookies
Third party cookies intended to improve the interactivity of the site
This site may also support certain third party services, including social sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, tweet lists (Twitter) and videos posted on the site (Youtube). These features use third party cookies that are directly set on your device by these services. When you first visit our site, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these cookies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this site. You may change your cookie settings at any time to accept or refuse these cookies by clicking on the cookie control tool below.
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show you interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your preferences by clicking on the cookie control tool above and unselect the “targeting” setting. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Your rights and choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by submitting a request through our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of access to your Personal Data
• Under the GDPR, you are entitled to access the Personal Data relating to you. For this purpose you should send your dated and signed request to Sencyr, Belgium, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can contact Sencyr via email at email@example.com and furnish your email with an electronic signature.
• Sencyr will provide the information requested without delay and at the latest within 45 days of receipt of such a request.
Right to correct your Personal Data
• Under the GDPR, you are also entitled to the rectify incorrect Personal Data relating to you free of charge. For this purpose you should send your dated and signed request to Sencyr, Belgium, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can contact Sencyr via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and furnish your email with an electronic signature.
• You will be notified which corrections were made within one month after the submission of your request.
Right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data
• Under the GDPR, you are also entitled to oppose the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You may do so free of charge and without providing any substantiation. For this purpose, please send your dated and signed request to Sencyr, Belgium, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can also contact Sencyr via email at email@example.com furnish your email with an electronic signature.
• Within one month after the submission of your request, you will be notified which action was taken.
We keep the information you provide for the duration of our relationships, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under mandatory applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, we will keep the information necessary to send you these communications following the end of our customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links to other websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
Need some help?
VAT: BE 0668.407.105
+32 3 808 52 54
Operational time: Monday to Friday 9 - 18 (UTC+2)